Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Chimichurri Sauce


Get ready to throw out your A-1 sauce because after tasting this sauce you will never go back. This is the perfect sauce to serve with grilled meats. It originated in Argentina and I got the recipe from a cute little Argentinian man....however I'm not a huge parsley fan which is what the original recipe calls for. So I do what I always do... I completed changed it. I made this for my girls on our Girls weekend in Tahoe and they loved it and requested the recipe so this post is for them!!

It's really easy. In a food processor or blender add olive oil, lemon juice, basil, cilantro, garlic, salt, carrots and nuts and blend until all combined.

Serve with a your favorite grilled meat. I also added this sauce on my asparagus and my salad the next day as a salad dressing...really I could probably drink the sauce it's sooo good!!!

xoxo Janis

Chimichurri Sauce
1/4 Cup Olive Oil
1 lemon (juiced)
1 garlic clove
3/4 tea Salt
1 bunch fresh basil
1/2 cup Cilantro
1 Carrot (peeled and cut up)
2 tbs nuts (walnut or pecans)

Peel carrots and cut. Add all ingredients into a food processor or blender and blend

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to let us know what you think!