Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Strawberry Pavlova


My friend made me this dessert when she had us over for dinner. She told me it was guilt free because it was so low in calories. I immediately got nervous. I want my desserts to taste like I am having a decadent dessert. I hate light desserts where you feel like you could eat 10 more and you don't feel satisfied. I was so surprised at how delicious this was. Yesterday my nephew texted me telling me he hasn't had any of my desserts in a long time....I kept thinking about what I could make him. He's more of a fruity dessert person than a chocolate ( I don't know how we are related!!) so I decided to make Pavlova and see how he liked it. It turned out they all LOVED it and wanted seconds. The best part about this dessert is it's gluten free and the pavlova is only 150 calories (not including strawberries and whipped cream)

Heat oven to 350 degrees and separate egg whites into a mixing bowl.  Beat egg whites with sugar, vanilla and vinegar. Don't be nervous by the fact that its like making a meringue. I hate any pie with meringue. This is more like a toasted marshmallow.


On a greased cookie sheet drop egg mixture and use your spoon to make a nest. These double in size when you bake up

Bake for 20-25 minutes. Let cool and top with Fresh Strawberries and whipped cream.

you will thank me for this xoxo Janis!!

Pavlova
6 Egg Whites
1 Cup sugar
2 tea Vanilla!!
1/2 tea Vinegar

Strawberries
whipped cream

Heat oven to 350 degrees and separate egg whites into a mixing bowl.  Beat egg whites with sugar, vanilla and vinegar.  On a greased cookie sheet drop egg mixture and use your spoon to make a nest. Bake for 20-25 minutes. Top with Strawberries and whipped cream



No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to let us know what you think!