Monday, March 5, 2012

Pineapple Upside down Cake

Once again, I find myself in the Aloha mood.  I really need a vacation.  I like to make this a little different then the traditional method.  I use crushed pineapple instead of pineapple rings.  
Pineapple tidbits also work well.  
I like to get pineapple in every bite.
This is a really easy dessert and we quite enjoy it. 
I start by draining off the juice into a measuring cup.  I use a small can of Pineapple juice to measure out 1 cup of liquid.  Follow the directions on the box mix.  But instead of using water, use the pineapple juice!  It will give the cake an added pineapple flavor.
I use 2 Tablespoons of butter.  Lightly butter the sides of the cake pan and  the remainder of the butter on the bottom.
Sprinkle the bottom with Brown Sugar.
Spread the crushed pineapple 
on the top of the sugar.
Follow directions on the cake box, with the exception of using the juice instead of water.
Bake as directed.  Use a toothpick in the center to test to see if the cake is done.
Enjoy

Love,
 Barbara



Pineapple Upside Down Cake
(recipe by http://twistedflavor.blogspot.com)
1 Yellow Cake Mix
Substitute Pineapple Juice for water

3/4 Cups brown Sugar
2 Tbsp Butter
1 Can crushed Pineapple or Tidbits

Follow directions on the box to make batter.  Drain the pineapple and reserve the juice.  Substituting  the Pineapple juice for the water in the cake mix. I add pineapple juice from individual 6 oz serving juice cans.  Lightly butter the sides of a 9 x13 cake pan.  Heavily butter the bottom.  Spread the Brown sugar over the butter.  Spread the drained pineapple on top of the sugar.  Add batter to the top and bake as directed on the box.  Cool and turn over onto a cookie sheet.  Scrape off any remaining pineapple goodie from the bottom of the cake pan and fill any wholes missing pineapple.
Cool, cut and serve!

Print Recipe

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to let us know what you think!