Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Baked Parmesan Chicken Tenders

 My Family really enjoys Chicken tenders.  I on the other hand don't enjoy the fact that they are deep fried.  I have been looking for a recipe that I can bake, that are crunchy and flavorful.  I think I have come up with just that.  I made these last night and my family were fighting over who got to take the left overs for lunch the  next day.  
I think that says it all right there.
There are very few ingredients, which is something that I love.  Yet they are still full of flavor.
Combine the Buttermilk, Salt and Pepper in a bowl and add the chicken tenders.  Soak in the refrigerator for 30 minutes.
In a pie plate combine the bread crumbs and Parmesan cheese.  Dredge the chicken in the crumb mixture.  Press down gentle to get the crumb mixture to adhere. Preheat the over to 450 degrees.
I use a Sil pad, so no oil is needed.  If you are using a baking dish, lightly brush with Olive Oil.  
Line the tenders on the baking pan.   
No addition oil is required.  
My original recipe I drizzled with oil.  
The chicken tenders came out oily.  
Bake at 450 degrees for 20-25 minutes.
Serve with your favorite dipping sauce.
Enjoy

Love,
Barbara

Baked Parmesan Chicken Tenders
(recipe by http://twistedflavor.blogspot.com)
1 cup buttermilk
1 1/4 lb chicken tenders (about 14)
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper
1 1/4 cup bread crumbs
1 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese
Combine the Buttermilk, Salt and Pepper in a bowl and add the chicken tenders.  Soak in the refrigerator for 30 minutes.
In a pie plate combine the bread crumbs and Parmesan cheese.  Dredge the chicken in the crumb mixture.  Press down gentle to get the crumbs to adhere. Either use a Sil pad or brush a baking pan with olive oil. Preheat the over to 450 degrees and Bake for 20-25 minutes.

Print Recipe

Since you have buttermilk, why not make

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to let us know what you think!