Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Buttermilk Pancakes


Growing up my mom always made pancakes from scratch. I never appreciated them. I loved going over to my friends houses and eating the crappy bisquick pancakes. My friends however loved her pancakes. Whenever they would spend the night they would request her pancakes I was always like...really? You WANT those? It wasn't until I went out to eat in Hawaii and I ordered pancakes that I appreciated how good these were. I could taste the bisquick. They were flavorless and tasted like cardboard and I was mad I was paying $10 for something that I make better. Never again will I order cardboard pancakes.


In a bowl combine all ingredients. If you don't have buttermilk you can use milk and add 1-2 tbs of vinegar to the milk. Let sit and curdle for about 5 minutes. This method will work but I never feel like it tastes the same.

Pour batter on a hot griddle or pan. When you see bubbles forming all over the pancake it's ready to flip

Serve with syrup or my favorite buttermilk syrup! It tastes like caramel and it's sooooo good!!

xoxo Janis!!

Grocery tip: Since you now have buttermilk sitting around make red velvet cupcakes for dessert tonight. You're family will thank you

Buttermilk Pancakes
(recipe by http://twistedflavor.blogspot.com/)
2 Cups Buttermilk
2 Cups Flour
1/4 cup melted butter
1 tea vanilla!!
1/4 cup Sugar
1 Tbs Vinegar
1 tea Baking Soda
1 tea Baking powder
1 Egg

Combine all ingredients in a bowl and mix until combined. Pour on a hot pan. When bubbles form all over pancake it's ready to flip

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to let us know what you think!