Monday, February 6, 2012

Indian Chicken


Troy and I are trying to eat healthy and lose weight which means A LOT of chicken meals which can get really boring. I made this chicken last night and I thought about making a pizza for the kids because I wasn't sure how they would like this seasoning. It turns out I didn't need to make the pizza and I should have made more chicken. They were fighting over it. I even caught one of them sneaking bites of Troy's chicken when he set his plate down. I had to promise to make it for them again tonight. I always make Taboule when I make this chicken.

I have so many lemons that I try to make whatever I can with them. So in a little mason jar I added olive oil, a pinch of salt, lemon peels and a garlic glove. I read that you should use the oil within a week and that it should be kept in the fridge thus the small mason jar. In a ziplock bag add 4 chicken breasts,1 tbs olive oil, and spices.  Close bag and shake to coat. I let my chicken in the bag for at least 30 minutes.

While chicken is marinading boil 2 cups of water. When water boils add 2 cups bulgar wheat (winco has this in the  bulk section). Cover and remove from heat. Let sit for 20 minutes.

When bulgar wheat is cool add 2 tbs olive oil, juice of a lime, salt, green onion, cilantro, parsley and tomato. Traditional taboule has mint in it but I prefer cilantro. I added avocado to mine last night and it was delicious!! This is a cold "salad" and can be made beforehand.

In a non-stick pan cook chicken breasts on medium heat for 9 minutes on each side or until no longer pink in the middle

xoxo Janis!!

Grocery Tip: If you make the taboule you will need cilantro, tomato and limes the same ingredients as in Chicken Tostadas  so plan to make that sometime this week as well.


Indian Chicken
4 Chicken Breasts
1 tea Corriander
1 tea Tumeric (has really great health benefits)
1 tea Cumin
1 tea Salt
1 tea Smoked Paprika
1 TBS Olive Oil

Add Chicken breasts and all ingredients in a ziplock bag. Close and shake to coat breasts. Let marinade for at least 30 minutes. Cook on medium heat for 9 minutes per side or until no longer pink

My Version of Taboule
(recipe by http://twistedflavor.blogspot.com/)
2 cups Boiling Water
2 Cups Bulgar Wheat
2 Tbs Olive Oil
Juice of 1 lemon/lime
1 Tea Salt
4-5 green onions
3 TBS Chopped Cilantro
2 TBS Chopped Flat leaf Parsley
1 Tomato diced

Boil water and add bulgar wheat. Cover and remove from heat. Let sit covered for 20 minutes. Cool and add olive oil, juice, salt, green onion, cilantro, parsley and tomato. Mix and serve


No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to let us know what you think!