Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Buttermilk Syrup**RECIPE CHANGE**


Buttermilk syrup sounds so disgusting I know. Trust me it's like heaven. It tastes like caramel goodness all over your pancakes. I was playing games with some friends when my friend Marlene starts talking about her favorite syrup buttermilk syrup...of course I was intrigued and I went home and googled recipes. What I want to know is how someone decides one day to say "I know what will be good I'll make syrup out of this buttermilk" never would those thoughts cross my mind but it totally worked and I think you will be hooked when you try it.

In a saucepan add sugar, buttermilk, corn syrup and baking soda. The original recipe calls for white sugar. I wanted mine to have more of a caramel flavor so I used half brown sugar and half white. Make sure to use a large pot because of the baking soda this bubbles up like a volcano. **Here is my change. There is always something a little off putting about the syrup. The first bite is delicious but the after taste not a fan..I cut my baking soda down to 1/4 tea and it was fantastic with no off putting tastes

Bring to a boil and stir constantly for 8 minutes. This is the worst part I know but it will be worth it 


Remove from heat and add vanilla!! This is also good on ice cream!!

xoxo Janis!!

Buttermilk Syrup
(recipe by http://twistedflavor.blogspot.com/)

3/4 Cups White Sugar
3/4 Cup Brown Sugar
3/4 Cup Buttermilk
1 Cube BUTTER
2 Tbs Corn Syrup
**1/4 tea Baking Soda
1 Tbs Vanilla!!

In a saucepan add sugar, buttermilk, corn syrup and baking soda. Make sure to use a large pot because of the baking soda this bubbles up like a volcano. Bring to a boil and stir constantly for 8 minutes. Remove from heat and add vanilla

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to let us know what you think!