Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Chicken Tostadas?


These are delicious and so easy. I came up with them when my husband and I were trying to lose weight. Troy was really craving enchiladas so I was trying to figure out a way to satisfy that craving in a healthy way. That's why there is a question mark because I don't know what to call them. All I know is they are super healthy and super yummy. 
  
 Make chicken the same way you would with the enchiladas. In a crock pot add chicken breasts, cilantro, onion and green enchilada sauce. Cook until tender enough to shred with a fork

Bake Corn tortillas on a cookie sheet 400 degrees for 8 minutes. I hated the texture of corn tortillas so I baked them to make them like a chip. The crunch from tortillas in this gives you the feeling you are eating something naughty!!


Flip tortillas and cook another 8 minutes. You can see the tortillas shrink as they bake

While Tortillas are baking cut up tomato, avocado and lime


Bake until tortillas are brown and crunchy.

Add shredded chicken, avocado, tomato slice and squeeze some lime juice on top. Don't forget the lime I think it's the key ingredient to setting these over the top. I also added fresh chopped cilantro to mine last night and I loved it.

xoxo Janis!!

Grocery tip: I try to plan my meals to get the most of the ingredients I buy. Since you are buying corn tortillas for these you should plan to make enchiladas another night. Double the chicken mixture for time savings. Or try Indian Chicken

Chicken Tostadas

5 Chicken Breasts
1 Onion Chopped
1 Bunch Cilantro
1 Large can Green Enchilada Sauce

Corn Tortillas
Avocado
Tomato
LIME!!

In a crock pot add chicken breasts, chopped onion, chopped cilantro and green Enchilada Sauce. Cook on low until chicken is tender enough to shred with a fork about 3-4 hours. Shred Chicken and add back to liquid. Bake Corn tortillas at 400 degrees for 8 minutes. Flip tortillas and bake another 8 minutes. Top tortillas with Chicken, avocado, tomato slice and squeeze lime juice on top

1 comment:

Feel free to let us know what you think!