Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Foil Barbecued Potatoes

I usually make these in the Summer.  I had a large bag of new potatoes and I thought why not!  They are very easy and quick. They are low calorie and healthy way to eat potatoes. They do make foil Barbecue bags. I like to just make my own.  It is very easy and I keep foil in my kitchen at all times.
 Tear off 4 sheets the same size to make your foil bag. 
 Take 2 sheets with the dull side down, pour a small amount of Olive Oil on the center of the foil.
Wash the potatoes and cutting off the bad spots.  
I quarter the potatoes.
 Place the potatoes in the center of the foil and sprinkly Seasoned Salt on top.  If you are making a large amount put half the potatoes down and season and then the other half and season. Drizzle a little more olive oil on top.  Place the top 2 sheets of foil on top of the potatoes, with the shiny side facing the potatoes.  Start folding (I start lengthwise) the 4 sheets of foil together.  Fold over 3 times.
Fold all 4 sides and it is ready for the grill!  Barbecue for 30 minutes on low heat. Barbecues varies on temperature and as will the cooking time. I flip the bag over half way through the cooking process. Make sure you use oven mits as 
it will be hot!
The bag will puff up with steam.
Cut the end off the foil bag and dump into a serving dish. Some of the members of my family eat the potatoes just like this and others like to add goodie..... Sour cream and butter.  
Either way they are yummy.

Foil BBQ Potatoes
(recipe by http://twistedflavor.blogspot.com)
New Potatoes 2-3 per person 
1 Tbsp Olive Oil
1 tsp Seasoned Salt.

Place washed and quartered potatoes in foil bag.  Add seasoned salt and olive oil.  Barbecue on low heat for about 30 minutes. Serve hot!

Print Recipe

Enjoy

Love,
Barbara 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to let us know what you think!