Tuesday, February 21, 2012

German Chocolate Cupcakes with Coconut Pecan Frosting

I love German Chocolate Cake!
It is my All time favorite.  I love to make German Chocolate Cupcakes for portion control......  
Other wise I could eat the whole cake myself.
As I have mentioned before I love cake mixes.  Canned frosting.... Not so much.  
Follow the directions on the cake mix.  While the  cupcakes cooling, Lets start the Yummy Frosting!
This frosting is fairly easy to make and well worth the time!
Combine sugar, evaporated milk, egg yokes, butter and vanilla in a sauce pan.
 Cook and stir constantly over low heat for about 10 minutes or until sauce thickens.
Do not boil!

remove from heat and add coconut flakes and chopped pecans.
Don't throw those egg whites away.  Why not beat them until they are fluffy and fold them into Buttermilk Pancakes.




Coconut Pecan Frosting
(recipe by http://twistedflavor.blogspot.com)
1 cup sugar
1 cup evaporated milk
3 egg yokes
1/2 cup butter
1 tsp vanilla
2 1/2 cups coconut flakes
1 cup chopped pecans


Cook and stir constantly over low heat. Cook for about 10 minutes or until mixture thickens.  Do not boil.
remove from heat and add Coconut and chopped pecans.  When frosting has cooked.  Frost cupcakes and Enjoy!


Love,
Barbara

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to let us know what you think!