Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Red Velvet Cupcakes


My kids school was doing a bake sale and asked parents to bring in baked goods. I had red velvet cake on my mind because my friends and I were talking about a recipe floating around of a red velvet cheesecake...I couldn't stop thinking about it. I searched the internet looking for the perfect recipe. I had a red velvet recipe but it only tasted good smothered in frosting the cake itself needed help. I ended up combining a couple of recipes into one velvety goodness!! 

In a bowl combine sugar, buttermilk, oil, eggs, vinegar, cocoa, vanilla, baking soda, flour and food coloring. Mix until combined.

I like a full cupcake so I fill my cups up about 2/3 of the way full

Bake for 21 minutes at 350 degrees. The bottoms of the cupcake papers have oil so I always place the cupcakes on a paper towel to cool. I use a ziplock bag and cut the tip off to make make my frosting swirl
xoxo Janis!!


 Red Velvet Cupcakes
2 cups sugar
1 cup buttermilk
1 1/2 cup Oil
3 eggs
1 tbs vinegar
2 tbs cocoa
2 tea vanilla!!!
1-2 TBS red food coloring
1 tea baking soda
3 Cups Flour

Combine all ingredients in a bowl. Mix and fill cupcakes papers about 2/3 of the way full. Frost with Cream Cheese Frosting

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to let us know what you think!