Friday, February 10, 2012

Cheesecake

I am a cheesecake snob. I will admit it. I'm rarely happy with homemade cheesecakes. I love Cheesecake factory cheesecake but I don't love their crust. Sunday was my birthday and my husband wanted to buy me a cheesecake but I insisted on making my own. Why pay $50 when my recipe is just as good?!?!?

In a food processor  crush 2 packages of graham crackers

Add graham cracker crumbs in a spring form pan. Add sugar, cinnamon and butter and mix until combined 
Press mixture into a crust and bake at 350 degrees for 15-20 minutes
While crust is baking, mix cream cheese, eggs, sugar and vanilla until smooth
Cheesecake needs to be baked in a water bath to prevent cracks. So I took tin foil and taped it together. I formed the tin foil around the pan in order to prevent the water from leaking into the cheesecake
When crust is done, pour cheesecake mixture into the pan. I used one of my large cooking pans to bake my cheesecake in.
Sorry about my terrible picture skills. You can totally see my sink in the back ground. I am not a creative brain. I wish I could make my pictures look amazing. I usually find that a lot of recipes have these beautiful pictures and really make me want to make whatever it is and when I do I'm disappointed because it turns out to look prettier than it tastes. I do know how to blend flavors together and what would taste good so trust that my food is good even if my pictures skills aren't!!

Cheesecake needs to bake at a low temperature for a long period of time. Bake at 300 degrees for 90 minutes. When the timer goes off turn the oven off and crack the door open. Let cheesecake sit in the oven to cool down.

xoxo Janis!!

Cheesecake
(recipe by http://twistedflavor.blogspot.com)

2 Pkg Graham Crackers
2 tbs sugar
1/4 tea cinnamon
1 cube melted butter

Crush graham crackers and pour in a spring form pan. Add sugar, cinnamon and melted butter. Mix and press down into a crust. bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes

4 (8oz) pkg cream cheese (room temp)
1/2 cup sour cream
6 eggs (room temp)
1 1/2 cups sugar
1 tbs vanilla!!

Cream all ingredients together until smooth. Wrap pan in tin foil and place in a pan filled with water. Pour cream cheese mixture into crust and Bake at 300 degrees for 90 minutes. Turn oven off and crack open the door. Let cheesecake cool down in the oven

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to let us know what you think!