Thursday, December 15, 2011

Cilantro Lime Shrimp Tacos



 

I "twisted" a Ancho Chicken Taco recipe I found in a magazine that I was reading in my fabulous Dentist's office. Actually I completely changed it but it was where the idea came from. My husband believes these belong in a restaurant. Tell me what you think..
Start by peeling and deveining the shrimp. Put the shrimp in a pan with 2 cloves of crushed garlic and butter. Cook until Shrimp are nice and pink
While the shrimp is cooking I start making my sauce. Sorry no picture for this I made the sauce pre-decision of starting this blog don't judge! Actually the decision to start the blog came from many suggestions by my dear friends who love my cooking. I promise my picture taking skills will get better in the future!
In a blender or food processor add avocado, sour cream, garlic, cilantro lime zest and the juice of 1lime add salt to test. Blend until smooth.

In a bowl combine cabbage, green onion, lime juice, oil and salt to taste. Important note make sure you heat up your corn tortillas in a pan otherwise you will have a crumbly mess!!
 Add shrimp, cabbage mixture and a dab of sauce and serve. Let me know how they turned out
Cilantro-Lime Shrimp Tacos
(recipe by http://twistedflavor.blogspot.com)
2lbs shrimp (peeled & deveined)
2 cloves minced garlic
1-2 tsp butter(more if you aren't watching your weight)
Cook in a pan until pink
Cilantro-Lime Sauce
1 avocado
1 cup low fat sour cream
1/4 cup fresh cilantro
1 clove garlic
1-2 tsp lime zest
juice of 1 lime
Salt to taste
Blend until smooth

Cabbage Mixture
1 bag Angel hair Cabbage
1/4 cup chopped Cilantro
3 chopped Green Onions
2 TBS Lime Juice
1 TBS Canola Oil
Salt to Taste

1 comment:

  1. I've LOVE these tacos! Great creation Janis!

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to let us know what you think!