Thursday, December 15, 2011

Honey Curry Chicken


If you are like me, I was afraid of Curry!  
While I was pregnant with my first son.  My husband Mark and I  managed apartments.  There was a Middle Eastern family living two doors down.  It seemed like they were cooking from sun up to sun down.   I would have to RUN by their door holding my breath.  
If I even got a whiff of the aroma, 
I would run straight to worship.... 
at the porcelain throne.
After the birth of my second son, 
my friend Dianna brought me over 
this wonderful chicken.  
We loved it!  It is my 3rd Sons favorite dish.
Just in case you were wondering...
Yes, forth time was the charm.  
I got a girl!

One of the things I love about this dish is, 
It has very few ingredients!
I combine all of the Spices and Mustard 
into the larger measuring cup.
Pour the Honey mixture over the chicken and 
Bake for 1 hour at 325 degrees.
I do like to turn the chicken over 
half way through baking.  
It gives it a golden crispy edge on both sides.
 I like to serve this with rice, peaches 
(that I canned over the summer) and green beans. 
It would have been better it I have done fresh...... 
I am not perfect!

Honey Curry Chicken
(recipe by http://twistedflavor.blogspot.com)
4-6 pieces of Chicken
1/2 Cup Honey
1/4 Cup Mustard
1 tsp Salt
1tsp Curry
Mix well and pour over chicken.  
Bake at 325 for 1 hour 

Print Recipe

You could add more curry 
if you like a stronger flavor

I hope you enjoy it!  
Post a comment to let us know what you think.

I am looking forward to passing along my passion for Pressure Cooking, Canning especially 
Jam making!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to let us know what you think!