Thursday, December 15, 2011

S'more Cookies

These delicious cookies leave everyone screaming for the recipe. I like to play around with my chocolate chip cookie recipe. When I use milk chocolate chips I like to add Heath Bits. This time I added everything you would find in a S'more and let's face who doesn't love s'mores? (p.s. if you are one of those people who does not like them don't tell me because I might start questioning our friendship!!) So you start with my basic chocolate chip cookie recipe

Cream together the butter, sugars, egg and vanilla. Don't be stingy on the vanilla. I like to think the more the merrier! I never measure I just pour.

Mix in the baking powder, baking soda and flour before you mix in the graham cracker. Smash the package of graham crackers with your hand while they are still in the package. I like to leave it lumpy to give your cookie a nice crunch. Add your chocolate chips and bake at 350 degrees for about 8 minutes

Pull cookies out of oven and start adding your chocolate and marshmallows. Throw the cookies back into the oven for 2-3 minutes. I think that the best tip when making chocolate chip cookies is to just under bake them and let them sit on the hot sheet for a few minutes. This way your cookies are soft and chewy!
These are a crowd pleaser for sure!!!
 xoxo Janis!!

Chocolate Chip Recipe
(recipe by http://twistedflavor.blogspot.com)
1 cup butter (no margarine...sick!!)
1 Cup Brown Sugar (I like the dark brown)
1Cup White Sugar
1 egg
1 TBS Vanilla!!
1 tea Baking Powder
1 tea Baking Soda
1 1/2 cups Flour 
(when making S'mores otherwise 2 1/2 cups Flour)
 1 package of Gram Crackers Smashed
 1 pkg your favorite Chocolate Chips
Hershey's Chocolate bars (about 3)
Marshmallows

Bake at 350 degrees 
P.S. I didn't forget the salt I don't use it...

2 comments:

  1. I made these delicious cookies today and it worked!!! Sooo good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Holy Hanna. You just made my day!!! Janis you are an amazing cook. (Look at Troy, you would have to be to keep up with that beast.) I need you to post your cookies you always make us at our house. The one with the Heath Bar chunks. No pressure, but hurry I need some calories to inhale.

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to let us know what you think!