Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Grams Chicken Noodle Soup

My kids call this "my famous soup" but really this is a recipe I got from my sweet mother in law. I hate Chicken Noodle Soup usually. Mom I don't want to offend you here but your soup was too...Chicken-y...Everyone else I know loves her soup with its homemade noodles but sadly I am not a fan. So I was hesitant to try this soup as I thought I just hated all chicken noodle soups but I quickly fell in love with this one.
This is the easiest soup ever to make and its so delicious. My mother in law uses canned chicken in her soup. I find that a rotisserie chicken adds so much more flavor and they are only $5 at Costco you can't go wrong. 
I start by De-boning the chicken. Usually we pick at it and eat all  we want and still have enough left for soup. My kids fight over who gets the drumsticks. I remember when I was a kid fighting over the drumsticks with my brother. Now days I would totally let him win. Something about eating it straight off the bone just doesn't sound appealing!
I threw everything into a crock pot because I was running around shopping and wanted some hot soup to come home to. I never measure out the lemon pepper but this is the most important ingredient to making this soup so don't forget it. I think the recipe calls for 1-2 TBS I just sprinkle it on the top so it looks like this. Throw all ingredients into a pot. Use your favorite egg noodles and when the noodles have fully cooked in the soup it's done.
I serve my soup with homemade rolls. I am still in the process of finding the most delicious roll recipe so once I find it I will post. This was a lionhouse roll recipe and while it was good I've had better.
 xoxo Janis!!


Grams Chicken Noodle Soup
(recipe by http://twistedflavor.blogspot.com)
1 Large Can Cream of Chicken Soup
3 15 oz Cans Chicken Stock
1 Rotisserie Chicken
1 1/2 cups Egg Noodles
1-2 TBS Lemon Pepper

Combine everything in a pot. Cook until egg noodles are soft about 10 -12 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to let us know what you think!