Saturday, January 14, 2012

Baked Apple Pie Pancakes


Today for breakfast I decided to make some Apple Pie pancakes. During the fall I got a bazillion apples and I didn't know what to do with them all. My kids won't eat fruit so canned apple sauce was a big no. So I decided to can apple pie filling which I will remake and post in the future. It's so nice to be able to grab a jar when you need to make a quick dessert like apple crisp or put some on waffles or now apple pancakes.

Turn the oven on to 400 degrees and melt 2 tbs of butter in a 8x8 pan. 

When butter is melted open a can of apple pie filling and stick back in the oven while  you make your pancake mix.
 
In a blender blend 3 eggs, buttermilk (if you don't have buttermilk I have used milk with 1/2 tea vinegar) sugar and flour and blend
Pour onto apples and stick back in oven for about 20-25 minutes

This is what is looks like when it's done. You can see the filling bubbling through and it's got some golden brown edges.



Sprinkle with powder sugar. My husband and I both agree that we liked it better drizzled with maple syrup (not the real stuff although I do like that too) I bet this would be tasty with whipped cream or vanilla ice cream!!!
                                xoxo Janis!!


Baked Apple Pie Pancakes
(recipe by http://twistedflavor.blogspot.com)
2 TBS Butter
1 Can Apple Pie Filling
1/2 C Buttermilk
3 Eggs
1/2 tea Vanilla
1/4 Cup Sugar
1/2 tea Baking Soda
1/2 Cup Flour

Turn oven onto 400 degrees. Melt butter in a 8x8 pan. Dump Apple Pie Filling into pan and stick back in oven while you mix pancake mix. In a blender blend eggs, vanilla, buttermilk and sugar. Add Baking Soda and flour and blend for 60 more seconds. Pour onto apples and bake 20-25 minutes. Dust with powder sugar and serve
You can now download this recipe from our google drive:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to let us know what you think!