Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Pizza Dough

I stole this recipe from my Friends Blog. I did change it up a little and I love it. Ever since I found it I have been keeping dough in a zip lock bag in my fridge. I find myself a lot of days trying to figure out what to cook for dinner. When I get too hungry watch out I'm a total beast to be around!! So I love having the dough ready for such days. My family loves this pizza and it's so easy and can be ready to eat in 20 minutes. You can't beat that!!

In a bowl combine 1 1/2 cups hot water with 1 1/2 tbs yeast and 2 tbs sugar and let sit for about 10 min. When yeast is foaming add olive oil, salt-important salt will kill your yeast so don't add it until after it foams. And add flour
Mix in a kitchenaid or knead by hand for about 10 minutes. Now I heard the secret to the best dough is to use less flour than the recipe calls for. The dough should be a little sticky.

Spray the inside of a ziplock bag with non-stick spray and add dough. Keep in the fridge until you are ready.
When you are ready roll dough out on a floured surface. Even though I have the silpat I still use flour due to the stickiness of the dough.

Place dough on a round pizza pan. I have also used a rectangle cookie sheet and it worked fine.

Add your favorite toppings and Bake at 400 degrees for 15 minutes. This is one I made for my kids and their friends. I favorite pizza is ranch dressing (light on the dressing just enough for the flavor) crushed garlic, fresh basil, artichoke hearts, tomato slices and plenty of mozzarella cheese!! I'm hungry just thinking about it....too bad I started fat camp yesterday...and before you ask I call eating healthy or dieting going to fat camp. I'm not really going anywhere.

 xoxo Janis!!
Pizza Dough (makes 2 pizzas)
(recipe by http://twistedflavor.blogspot.com)
1 1/2 Cups hot water
1 1/2 Tbs Yeast
2 Tbs Sugar
1/4 Cup Olive Oil
1 tea salt
3 3/4 cup Flour

In a bowl combine 1 1/2 cups hot water with 1 1/2 tbs yeast and 2 tbs sugar and let sit for about 10 min. When yeast is foaming add olive oil, salt and flour. Knead or mix in a kitchenaid for 10 minutes. Spray a ziplock bag with non-stick spray and keep dough in fridge until ready to make.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to let us know what you think!