Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Lemonade Cookies

So the other day my friend posted a Martha Stewart Lemon Glaze cookie on her facebook stating it was her new favorite cookie. Because I have a thousand lemons on my tree I have been hunting for lemon recipes. I looked at the recipe that she posted and decided to twist it because I don't like a crunchy cookie. I like mine soft and chewy. Also I hated the glaze recipe. I could taste the confectioner sugar and it didn't taste like how I felt a glaze should so I changed that also.
Cream together the butter, egg, sugar, lemon zest and lemon juice. Add flour and mix until combined.
You know you have the perfect amount of flour in your dough if it is not sticky and will hold a ball shape without leaving dough on your hands. Sticky dough means flat cookies. (which by the way I did not have enough flour in these cookies as you can see how flat they were)
While cookies are baking make your glaze. Add confectioners sugar, zest of a lemon and juice of a lemon along with the other half of the cube of butter left over from the dough.
Cool on a rack and glaze. Now don't get scared when the cookies were warm they were really tart and I was worried that I had added too much lemon but it mellows out as it cools.

 xoxo Janis!!

Lemonade Cookies
recipe by http://twistedflavor.blogspot.com)
1 1/4 Cup Sugar
1 1/2 Cup Butter
1 Egg
Zest of 1 lemon
Juice of 1 lemon
1 tea Baking Soda
1 tea Baking Powder
2 1/2 Cups Flour

Cream sugar, butter, egg, lemon juice and zest. Add soda, baking power and flour. Roll into balls and bake 350 for 11 minutes. Cool and Glaze


Lemon Glaze
recipe by http://twistedflavor.blogspot.com)
2 Cups Powder Sugar
Zest 1 lemon
1/3 cup lemon juice
1/2 cube melted butter

Mix and glaze

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to let us know what you think!