Monday, January 30, 2012

Lemon Bars

Ok Truth time this picture is not mine. I forgot to take a picture of my lemon bars before they got devoured! In fact a friend of mine swung by my house while I was out on a date with my husband and sent me a text saying "your lemon bars are amazing" so rest assured they were good! And I will remake them and change the picture

In your kitchenaid mix butter, flour and sugar until combined. 

Press dough into a 13x9 and bake for 15-20 minutes

This recipe calls for room temperature eggs. I'm never prepared enough to leave my eggs out and have them ready for me and even if I did I hate waiting. When I'm ready to cook I'm ready right then. So I stick my eggs in a bowl and let them sit in hot tap water while I throw my other ingredients in the mixer.

Add your eggs, sugar, lemon zest and lemon juice and mix. Add Flour and mix until combined. When I made these I used 1 Cup of Lemon juice and I felt like they were a little too tart so I am cutting the recipe to 3/4 cup but if you like tart go for the full cup and add more zest.

Pour over your baked crust and bake about 35-40 minutes

                              
                                xoxo Janis!!


Lemon Bars
(recipe by http://twistedflavor.blogspot.com)
Crust:
2 sticks butter
1/2 Cup sugar
2 Cups flour

Mix all together until just combined. Press dough into a 13x9 pan and bake for 15-20 minutes for 350 degrees

Filling:
6 Eggs at room Temperature
3 Cups Sugar
Zest of 2 lemons
3/4 cup Lemon Juice
1 Cup Flour

Wisk all together and pour over crust. Bake for 35-40 minutes until set. Let cool and dust with confectioners sugar

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to let us know what you think!